Business Source Complete contains a wide variety of business sources, including magazines, journals, news sources, and more. Some general tips:
- Search for exact phrases with quotation marks (“”).
- Use just one or two-word phrases as your keywords. The database will not look for common ‘stop words’ like: been, however, so, or, in, the, and, etc.
- Check the “Thesaurus” at the top of the search screen to find the preferred search terms used in this database.
- The "Company Information" option at the top of the screen will let you look for background information about corporations.
- Truncate your terms with an asterisk (*) to find more results. For example, type manag* to find the words managing or management or manage.
- When a singular word is searched, the plural and possessive forms of that word will also be searched as long as you do not put your search term in quotation marks (“”).
Access more detailed directions and videos below.
Click the link below to begin searching Business Source Complete. (You will need to log in with your myOakton username and password if you are off campus.)