Embed a Google Doc
Padlet allows you to create boards that students can post to, which is a great way to make a class interactive.
On this guide, scroll down to "Post your topic" to see a Padlet embedded into a libguide.
1.Go to Padlet.com and create a free account
2.Create your Padlet
5.Copy the code
6.On your libguide, choose add media/widget
7.Paste the code into the widget
*NOTE* Content will not be visible off campus until students log in with their Oakton credentials
1. Visit the guide that houses all the videos and tutorials https://researchguides.oakton.edu/CredoCourse
2.Determine which one you want and note the title
4.Go back to your guide and choose “Add media/widget”
5.Choose “re-use existing widget”
6.Start typing the name of the item you want. Check that it’s from Location: Guide” Credo Courseware Videos and Tutorials”
Embedding Credo content is great on an opening page of a guide, when many students have the same topic, and just for a visual.
Embed content as a media/widget using the code here:
<iframe src="insert permalink here" width="100%" height="500" style="border: 0;" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>
You may want to embed a pdf rather than linking to it. Follow the attached instructions.
A PDF displayed within a libguide is considered Media which requires the following embed code: <iframe src="your pdf url here" style="width: 90%; height: 300px"?></iframe>
Follow these directions to use the embed code properly.
1. To embed a file, make sure it is already saved as a PDF.
2. In LibGuides, create a new box.
3. Add/ Reorder (content): Click Document/ File
4. Box will open to: “Create New Document”. Title the document (description is optional). Attach PDF from your computer files. Click Save.
5. Click on the link for the document (in your LibGuide) to open the file in a new screen.
6. Copy the URL from this open PDF file.
7. Now you will use the embed code. Paste the PDF URL code between the “” (paste over the Bing address):
8. Back to your LibGuide: In the same box where you added your PDF link, add/reorder (new content). This time add Media/Widget
9. Copy/ paste the new embed code that was created in step 7. Click Save.
10. Click the Preview button in the top right corner to view your embedded PDF. 11. Adjust height and width within the embed code. You may also want to adjust the page layout/ size of the box within libguides. To show the PDF as an entire page, select one column in page layout. Set width to 100% and height to your preference.